What’s Going On is a serialization of the commercial development planned, in progress, and now open around Fort Collins. This month we will be focusing on the North Fort Collins area.
Development in North Fort Collins
- Poudre River Whitewater Park will be located just north of Old Town and will offer year round recreational fun. Kayakers, tubers and kids of all ages will enjoy safe river access areas. This will include public open space, kayaking features, a new pedestrian bridge, and parking. Construction begins in the fall of 2017 with completion anticipated by spring 2018.
- The new Lyric Cinema will have an increased space of 10,000 square feet compared to the former Old Town space of 3,500 square feet. The new building will offer an 80-seat restaurant, an outdoor projection booth, and three indoor screens. Completion is expected by fall 2017.
- The Firehouse Car Wash, part of the Country Club corners revitalization, will be a drive-thru car wash and coffee shop. Completion is planned for November 2017.
- Northern Colorado Feeders Supply moved to 300 Hickory Street in order to make way for the renovation of their former location north of Old Town. The previous location will become the Ginger and Baker Coffee and Pie Shop.
- Construction began in June 2017 on the Arby’s at the North College Marketplace, anchored by King Soopers.
- The Elevated Sandwich Shop is now open, offering craft sandwiches with local ingredients, beer & wine. Find it in the former Pizza Hut location on the southeast corner of North College and Willox Lane.
- Crowne at Suniga will break ground in 2018 and offer 305 total units in seven 4-story buildings. They will include one, two, and three bedroom apartments. In addition, there will be 19 attached townhomes and carriage homes.
- Aspen Heights offers apartments and townhomes with furnished options available. Amenities include yoga studio, movie theater, and private private transportation to CSU. 720 beds total and 100% preleased.