Preparing for a change of address? Here’s who you need to contact!
• The US Post Office:
• Tax agencies:
In Colorado: www.colorado.gov and search “change of address”.
• Social Security Administration:
www.ssa.gov/open/data/change-of-address-online-apps.html or call (800) 772-1213.
• Gas and electric:
Check with your utility company about online options.
• Phone, cable, and internet:
Call your cell phone service provider, cable, and internet providers.
• Other utilities:
Water department, sewer utility company, and garbage/recycling company.
• Homeowner’s or renters’ insurance:
Let your insurance agency know your new address and ask if they offer moving insurance.
• Your employer:
Make sure pay stubs and tax forms are mailed to the right address.
• Your bank and credit card company:
Services that bill through your bank account, loyalty programs, store credit cards.
• Lenders: Mortgage company, auto loans, and student loans.
• Other Insurance providers:
Health insurance, dental insurance, car insurance, and life insurance. If you have health
insurance through the federal marketplace, visit www.healthcare.gov.
• Other financial agencies:
Credit union, credit reporting agency, PayPal, an IRA/401k administrator, and/or an
investment account holder.
• Magazines and subscription services: Contact the customer service department.
• Online shopping sites — Update sites like Amazon and eBay.
• Clubs, organizations and charities.
• Membership places like Costco or Sam’s Club.
• Individual service providers.
• Doctor, dentist, veterinarian, etc.
• Friends and family:
Send change of address cards, or a mass email with your new information
and a BCC (blind carbon copy) to your favorite people.
Update your address sooner than later so you don’t miss any important information!
Source: Moving 05/30/2018 Laura Mueller